Warm Up with Spiced Winter Tea
It seems like January is prime-time cold and flu season. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the calm after the storm of the holidays, or maybe it's just good old-fashioned germs. But, whatever it is, you can be prepared with this delicious tea recipe.
Not only is it delicious, but the orange juice and green tea help boost your immune system. Enjoy!
Spiced Winter Tea
(Makes about 6 cups)
6 cups water
¾ cup sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
4 whole cloves
5 green tea bags
1½ cups freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
Honey to taste
- Bring first 4 ingredients to boil in heavy large saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags. Cover and let steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Add orange and lemon juices to tea mixture.
- Using slotted spoon, remove whole spices. Serve hot.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Re-warm before continuing.
Nutritional Info (per serving): Calories 161, Total fat 1 g, Sodium 22 mg, Carbs 41 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 1 g
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
We've combined this anti-aging bombshell with doctor-recommended heart support!
Redefine your concept of aging—look and feel younger with each passing day!
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health