It seems like January is prime-time cold and flu season. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the calm after the storm of the holidays, or maybe it's just good old-fashioned germs. But, whatever it is, you can be prepared with this delicious tea recipe.
Not only is it delicious, but the orange juice and green tea help boost your immune system. Enjoy!
Spiced Winter Tea
(Makes about 6 cups)
6 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks
4 whole cloves
5 green tea bags
¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
Honey to taste
- Bring first 3 ingredients to boil in heavy large saucepan over high heat, stirring. Boil 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags. Cover and let steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Add orange and lemon juices to tea mixture.
- Using slotted spoon, remove whole spices. Serve hot.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead.