The Great Vitamin Controversy--Debunked!
There’s no question that this has been the season for controversy, on a wide variety of topics from the national debt to the best way to protect children in our schools. In the land of healthcare, there’s more in the hot seat than our healthcare system itself—including a brewing controversy on whether or not we need our vitamins.
- If you’re on pharmaceutical drugs, you must take vitamins. That’s because most, if not all, pharmaceutical drugs deplete essential vitamins and minerals that need to be replaced.
- Some health conditions, like congestive heart failure, are due to suboptimal levels of vitamins and minerals, such as coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) and magnesium.
- Taking folate reduces birth defects in women of childbearing age.
- Low levels of vitamin B12 can contribute to Alzheimer’s disease and prostate cancer.
- Vitamin D3, which up to 85% of us are deficient in, is essential for heart and bone health, and protecting against cancer and diabetes.
- Vitamin C helps to prevent coronary artery disease, strengthens the blood vessel walls, and improves vasodilation.
So, what vitamins should you take? I recommend taking a high-quality multivitamin and mineral supplement. For optimal heart health, I also recommend what I call the “Awesome Foursome,” which is a combination of CoQ10, 50-150 mg daily; magnesium, 400-800 mg daily; broad-spectrum carnitine 1-2 g daily in divided doses, and D-ribose 5 g twice daily.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
We've combined this anti-aging bombshell with doctor-recommended heart support!
Redefine your concept of aging—look and feel younger with each passing day!
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health