A Heart-Healthy Beverage Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseeds, ground
- ½ cup fresh fruit-blueberries, a peach, kiwi, banana, or whatever you like
- 8 oz. skim milk, or unsweetened juice (you can also use water or a combination)
- 1 serving size (follow directions on package) of soy or whey protein powder
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. flax oil (organic, high-lignan if possible)
Put ingredients into a blender and whir. If you want a cold, shake-like taste experience, add ice or use frozen juice cubes. Fresh is best but you can use frozen fruits when fresh fruits aren't in season. Depending on how you make it, this smoothie can come out so thick, you'll need a spoon!
Makes 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 730, Total Fat 23 g, Sodium 1239 mg, Carbs 117 g, Fiber 7g, Protein 19 g