Time is a precious commodity for everyone these days. And finding the time to eat right can be downright challenging.
Fortunately, this easy salad is not only a breeze to put together, but it tastes great and is a great choice for a light lunch or side dish with dinner. And since it’s low glycemic, it’s a perfect recipe for people living with diabetes.
Simple Salad Caprese
- 2 large tomatoes cut into 10 slices
- 10 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 ounces light mozzarella cheese cut into 10 small pieces
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
Layer the tomato slices, basil leaves, and mozzarella pieces on two plates. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and olive oil evenly over the two salads. Add a dash of freshly ground pepper to taste.
Nutritional Info (per serving): Calories: 127; Fat: 8 grams; Cholesterol: 15 mg; Sodium: 161 mg; Carbs: 7 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Protein: 9 grams