The answer is that there isn't a specific place to sign up. Rather, I post a new walking club check-in on Dr. Sinatra's blog each Saturday with new information, and motivation, to help you keep on walking. On that post, you can log in how often or how far you walked.
The good news is that since we launched the Dr. Sinatra Walking Club on April 1, many of you have been walking with me--and your stories are truly motivating!
Here are just a few I'd like to share with you now...
* Frank, at age 62, says he's been speed walking for 15 years now--he says he loves it, needs to do it, and it's part of his LIFE!
* Dave said he never really liked to walk, but after meeting Dr. Sinatra in March he's been following his regimen and has added walking to his life.
* Doris (age 79) is mall walking every day!
* Joy walks 20 minutes three times a week at her fitness club--and the Walking Club has inspired her to walk outside at her local park as well.
NOW, HERE'S WHERE THE CHALLENGE COMES IN:
Whether you've been walking with us since the Walking Club began, joined us along the way, or have been meaning to walk but haven't yet got started--I encourage you "sign up" now by leaving a comment below. Let us know how long you've been walking, or if you're just getting started. Then, tell us how much walking you're going to challenge yourself to do each week.
Then, check back each Saturday on Dr. Sinatra's Blog for a new Walking Club Check-In.
NEED JUST A LITTLE MORE MOTIVATION TO WALK?
* Walking can keep you fit and feeling great
* Walking is a very powerful stress buster!
* Walking reduces your risk of breast cancer, significantly
* Walking reduces your cancer risk, minimizes your risk of stroke, and much more!
Have a great Saturday--and Happy Walking!
Remember to consult with your doctor before beginning a new fitness program.