Look below for Dr. Sinatra's answers to your health questions
- Anxiety and high blood pressure readings
- Best time for a blood pressure reading
- Blood sodium levels and high blood pressure
- Can a cough be a high blood pressure drug side effect?
- Different arms, different blood pressure readings
- High blood pressure in the morning
- How hawthorn lowers blood pressure
- How much salt can you eat if you have high blood pressure?
- Isolated systolic hypertension
- Medication tolerance for high blood pressure drugs
- Menopause and high blood pressure
- Postural hypotension
- Proper position for blood pressure reading
- Pulse pressure
- Tapering off high blood pressure medications
- Timing doses of high blood pressure medications
- What nutrients are needed when taking high blood pressure medications?
- What treatment options exist for stubborn high blood pressure?
- Which nutrients can help lower blood pressure?
- Addressing an unidentified arrhythmia
- Angioplasty: Do I need it?
- Atrial fibrillation
- What is atrial fibrillation?
- What causes atrial fibrillation?
- Is there value in undergoing ablation therapy a second time?
- Why are blood thinners necessary?
- Pacemakers for atrial fibrillation
- What non-drug options for atrial fibrillation are there?
- Bypass surgery: Do I need it?
- Coconut oil and heart health
- Congestive heart failure and the link to high blood pressure
- Diastolic dysfunction
- What health conditions does earthing improve?
- How long does it take to see results with earthing?
- Is earthing benefical for radiation exposure?
- Healthy potassium levels
- Heart scans and calcium scores
- Krill oil versus fish oil for heart health
- Living with mitral valve regurgitation
- Natural substances that thin the blood
- Stroke recovery
- Top heart-health nutrients
- Valve replacement surgery: Do I really need it?
- How should age and health status influence efforts to lower cholesterol?
- Is there a link between statins and memory loss?
- Should you supplement with CoQ10 when taking cholesterol medication?
- What's the best way to lower triglyceride levels?
- Which cholesterol tests are best?
- Which supplements reduce cholesterol levels?
Commonly Prescribed Medications
- Can I ever stop taking Coumadin?
- What supplements should you not take if you’re on Coumadin?
- Grapefruit juice and drug interactions
- How does grapefruit juice cause drug interactions?
- What if I'm already eating grapefruit with my medications?
- Will other citrus fruits cause similar interactions?
- Prescription niacin: Is the new drug worth it?
Heart Disease Testing
- Who needs an angiogram?
- What tests are needed to diagnose an arrhythmia?
- Which cholesterol tests do you need when screening for heart disease?
- What can you do to test for and reverse artery plaque buildup?
- Do you need an exercise stress test?
- Which blood tests are needed when assessing heart disease risk?
Other Health Concerns
- Artificial sweetener safety
- Blending vitamins into smoothies
- Diet sodas and stroke risk factors
- Do you really need an annual flu shot?
- Do you really need a multivitamin?
- Is it better to take individual nutrients or a multinutrient formula?
- Microwave safety
- Pill swallowing strategies
- Should you adopt a vegetarian diet?
- Should you adopt a low-fat or no-fat diet?
- What should an optimal multinutrient contain?