There are many lifestyle choices you can make to help prevent arrhythmia. A few basic ones include:
- Avoiding exposure to triggers like caffeine, sugar, and alcohol intake.
- Taking bio-identical hormone replacement therapy if you are a menopausal or perimenopausal.
- Limiting time spent on wireless technologies (use an ethernet cable on your home and work computers, not WiFi).
- Staying under a physician’s care if you have congesetive heart failure or cardiomyopathy.
- Using stress reduction techniques, such as prayer, meditation, yoga, etc to calm your autonomic nervous system.
Additionally, there are several supplements that are very effective for straightening out heartbeat irregularities. For otherwise healthy people, the best one-two combination to suppress skipped heartbeats are daily doses of magnesium (200–400 mg) and CoQ10 (180 mg).
They are magic! I get irregular heartbeats when at altitude in Colorado, and these supplements—along with avoiding triggers like caffeine and alcohol—really help!
I also suggest adding fish or squid oil (1–2 grams a day), broad spectrum L-carnitine (1–3 grams daily), and D- ribose (5–10 grams a day). People with high blood pressure levels should gear toward the higher amounts.
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health
Refuel your cellular engines for efficient heart function
Strength, energy, endurance--get the targeted nutrient support a man needs most
Stay youthful, healthy, vibrant and balanced with nutrient support designed to meet a woman's needs