Prevent Lp(a) Cholesterol
To offset the inflammation caused by elevated Lp(a) levels, Dr. Sinatra recommends that you try one or more of the following:
- Niacin: Take up to a total daily dose of 1 gram (1 gram=1,000 mg) taken in one or two doses. Start at a dose of 125mg, then double it as tolerated, up to the full amount.
- Fish or squid oil: Take 2 grams daily of a good quality fish or squid oil (but not krill oil).
- Nattokinase: 50 mg daily.
- Bolouke: Boluoke contains the enzyme lumbrokinase, which has been shown to assist with the breakdown of fibrin, a protein involved in blood clotting. It is a Canadian product and can be purchased online. This is the only measure I know of that may actually lower your Lp(a). Take as directed.
- Delta tocotrienol: Take 100–200 mg of this natural form of vitamin E once a day.
- Get grounded! Remember, heart disease—like diabetes, cancer, and a host of autoimmune problems—is a disease caused by inflammation. In the case of heart disease, it’s the arterial walls that get inflamed. Once they puff up from inflammation and all kinds of debris that accumulate in the arterial walls, they then get clogged, especially if you have a tendency to clot. Grounding can help to reduce inflammation, and help avoid cardiovascular problems and prevent blood clots.
For more information on healthy cholesterol, visit www.drsinatra.com.
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health
Refuel your cellular engines for efficient heart function
Strength, energy, endurance--get the targeted nutrient support a man needs most
Stay youthful, healthy, vibrant and balanced with nutrient support designed to meet a woman's needs