A Heart-Healthy Sides & Sauces Recipe
- 1 green pepper (sweet)
- 3 organic carrots
- 1 onion (Spanish is best)
- 1 lemon, sliced with the skin on
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ cup low-sodium gluten free tamari
- ½ to ¾ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 Tbsp. mayonnaise (for a zestier flavor, substitute 1 Tbsp. tomato sauce or paste for 1 Tbsp. of the mayo)
- 3-4 inches of ginger root, peeled
Slice the vegetables into manageable pieces and pulse in food processor with the lemon and garlic. Add tamari, oil, mayonnaise, and ginger root and puree. Use as a dressing for salad or dip for fresh vegetables. Ginger dressing keeps for two weeks in the refrigerator. Liquid will separate during storage, so just stir before using again.
Makes 6 cups. Serving size, 1/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 66, Total Fat 6 g, Sodium 317 mg, Carbs 2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1 g