A Heart-Healthy Sides & Sauces Recipe
- 1 green pepper (sweet)
- 3 organic carrots
- 1 onion (Spanish is best)
- 1 lemon, sliced with the skin on
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ to ¾ cup soybean oil (I substitute olive oil and recommend that you do, too)
- 4-5 Tbsp. mayonnaise (for a zestier flavor, substitute 1 Tbsp. tomato sauce or paste for 1 Tbsp. of the mayo)
- 3-4 inches of ginger root, peeled
Slice the vegetables into manageable pieces and pulse in food processor with the lemon and garlic. Add soy sauce, oil, mayonnaise, and ginger root and puree. Use as a dressing for salad or dip for fresh vegetables. Ginger dressing keeps for two weeks in the refrigerator. Liquid will separate during storage, so just stir before using again.
Makes 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 90, Total Fat 9 g, Sodium 22 mg, Carbs 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g