A Heart-Healthy Entrée Recipe
- 4 ounces chicken breast, cubed or sliced
- 4 Tbsp. gluten free bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 roasted red peppers, from a jar, cut into strips
- 20 medium black olives
- 1 (6-oz.) jar marinated artichokes, kept in liquid
- 8 oz. cooked short pasta such as ziti
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Roll the chicken pieces in crumbs to coat, and sprinkle with pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes; do not allow to brown. Add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes, turning until lightly browned on all sides. Add the peppers and olives and heat through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the artichokes with liquid and cook until heated through, 3 minutes more.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 485, Fat 30.5 g, Sodium 433 mg, Carbs 10.5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 27 g