A Heart-Healthy Vegetable Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florettes
- 3 Tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1/3 cup green olives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: garnish with additional chopped parsley/cilantro
In a large pan or pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and cook just until sizzling. Add the tomatoes, white wine and season with salt, pepper to taste. Add the cauliflower, and stir to mix. The liquid should just cover the cauliflower. If not, add a little water. Cook for 5-7 minutes until cauliflower is almost tender. Remove the cauliflower from the pot and place it on a warm serving dish. Turn the heat to high, and cook the tomato sauce mixture until thickened. Add the olives, parsley, and capers and cook another minute or two. Pour this mixture over the cauliflower, and mix, coating the cauliflower. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 202, Fat 16 g, Sodium 486 mg, Carbs 11 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g