5 Heart-Healthy Tips for Lean Living!
1. Get the juices flowing! Invest in a juicer so you can make fresh juices out of both fruits and vegetables. Such juices are abundant in health-promoting enzymes, many of which are lost in processing, which is why store-bought juice is not always a good bet. Juice at least twice a week for the most benefit.
2. Include “good” fats in your eating plan, like the monounsaturated fats and omega-3s. Substitute olive oil for butter in your cooking, and make cold-water fish like salmon or Atlantic halibut a weekly routine.
3. Get into the habit of drinking water. Nothing quenches your thirst like good old-fashioned H2O, and it helps you lose weight, too. Drink at least 8–12 glasses a day. I suggest distilled water in glass bottles.
4. Don’t let convenience influence your meal planning. Avoid processed foods, chemicals, trans fats, and preservatives. One good rule of thumb is to always shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Generally speaking, the processed food found in the middle of the store is full of the substances that are bad for your body—and your weight.
5. Keep your intake of caffeine, alcohol, and sugar minimal. It may feel like these substances give you a boost or some relaxation, but in the long run, they are detrimental to your physical well-being. Better yet, toss all coffee including decaffeinated and substitute green tea. The nutrients in green tea will help you burn more calories at rest.
Now it’s your turn: Do you have a tip to add to this list?
You May Also Be Interested In:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health
Refuel your cellular engines for efficient heart function
Strength, energy, endurance--get the targeted nutrient support a man needs most
Stay youthful, healthy, vibrant and balanced with nutrient support designed to meet a woman's needs