Seven Dos and Don'ts for a Healthy Brain
These seven steps can keep your brain healthy and your memory sharp:
- DO eat according to the Pan Asian Modified Mediterranean (PAMM) diet. It's loaded with antioxidant-rich fruits and healthy fats that promote brain health.
- DON'T eat trans fatty acids and saturated fats, which contribute to heart disease and Alzheimer's.
- DON'T drink excessive alcohol, which causes premature aging of the brain.
- DO place a filter on your kitchen tap that removes heavy metals and chlorine from your drinking water.
- DO avoid products that contain aluminum, such as deodorants, antacids, and baking powder (aluminum can cause early aging!). Do not drink out of aluminum cans.
- DO make sure you exercise your mind with crossword puzzles, reading, and other activities that will increase your mental sharpness.
- DO keep homocysteine levels under 9.
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health
Refuel your cellular engines for efficient heart function
Strength, energy, endurance--get the targeted nutrient support a man needs most
Stay youthful, healthy, vibrant and balanced with nutrient support designed to meet a woman's needs