Detoxification for Heart Health is as Easy as Breathing
Improve your heart health and overall health with a simple deep-breathing technique that will help detoxify your body
To achieve optimal heart health, you need your lungs to expel toxins effectively and efficiently. To boost lung efficiency and promote a healthy heart, try this exercise called the Squeeze and Breathe:
- Sit in a straight chair supported by a pillow behind your shoulder blades.
- Remove your shoes and place your feet firmly on the floor.
- Remember to sit erect, but not stiff.
- Gently open your mouth. Don’t grit your teeth; just let your jaw hang softly.
- Breathe in and out and focus on inhalation and exhalation.
- After you have breathed for several respirations, focus on grounding your feet onto the floor.
- Next, place your thumbs over your kidneys (below your back ribs and above your pelvis) and wrap your fingers around the sides toward your navel.
- Squeeze your fingers together gently as you breathe slow, deep breaths through your nose.
- Remember, don’t clench your jaw or tighten your pelvis. And as you breathe, focus on the contact of your feet on the floor.
- Continue to squeeze gently as you breathe in long, slow, deep breaths into your squeezed fingers, forcing them apart and into your belly with your breath.
- Use a slow mental count—one, two, three, four—on the inhale and again on the exhale.
Practice this for at least 5–10 minutes per day. This is also an exercise you can do to relieve stress or intense anxiety. Slow, rhythmic breaths in and out, with pauses in between inhaling and exhaling, will not only help calm your nervous system, but also help cleanse the body and ultimately boost heart health.
More Dr. Sinatra Advice on Detoxification and Heart Health
How can you lower your toxic load to keep your heart healthy? Get tips on how to reduce your exposure to the environmental toxins that compromise a healthy heart.
What can you drink to detoxify the body and promote a healthy heart? Find out my recipe for a special detox drink to help you boost your heart health.
Want other natural solutions for detoxifying the body and achieving optimal heart health? Learn additional ways to rid your body of the environmental toxins that threaten heart health.
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health
Refuel your cellular engines for efficient heart function
Strength, energy, endurance--get the targeted nutrient support a man needs most
Stay youthful, healthy, vibrant and balanced with nutrient support designed to meet a woman's needs