A Heart-Healthy Entrée Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 4-oz. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup dry white wine (or substitute chicken broth)
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper over chicken breasts. Add chicken to skillet and cook 5-6 minutes on each side, until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Add remaining salt and pepper, white wine or chicken broth, lemon juice and capers to the skillet. Stirring occasionally, cook sauce until reduced to ¼ cup (about 2 minutes). Add parsley to sauce. Spoon over chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 210, Fat 11 g, Sodium 410 mg, Carbs 2.5 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 35 g