A Heart-Healthy Entrée Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (4-oz.) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup dry white wine (or substitute low-sodium chicken broth)
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Optional: additional chopped parsley for garnish
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper over chicken breasts. Add chicken to skillet and cook 5-6 minutes on each side, until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Add remaining salt and pepper, white wine or chicken broth, lemon juice and capers to the skillet. Stirring occasionally, cook sauce until reduced to ¼ cup (about 2 minutes). Add parsley to sauce. Spoon over chicken. Garnish with additional chopped parsley if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 225, Fat 11 g, Sodium 368 mg, Carbs 2 g, Fiber <0.5 g, Protein 25 g