A Heart-Healthy Salad Recipe
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp. cider or wine vinegar
- Drizzle of honey
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. walnut oil/organic extra virgin olive oil (1 Tbsp. each)
Arrange the spinach on a plate and top with sliced onion, feta cheese, and pomegranate seeds. Combine pomegranate juice, vinegar, honey, and pepper in a small bowl. Add oil in a thin stream while whisking to incorporate. Dress salads and serve.
Makes 2 servings.
Developed by Monica Reinagel, MS, LD/N, CNS.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 196, Fat 17.5 g, Sodium 208 mg, Carbs 7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g