A Heart-Healthy Entrée Recipe
- 4 Tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced, peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 tsp. fresh or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp. fresh or 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy, large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sautée until tender, about 10 minutes. Add can of tomatoes, grated orange zest, oregano, basil, bay leaves, paprika and black pepper. Cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and sautée until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. To serve, spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 372, Fat 19 g, Sodium 529 mg, Carbs 17.5 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 35 g