Improve Heart Health With This Detoxification Drink
Achieve optimal heart health by ridding your body of environmental toxins with a special drink recipe
To help your body purge itself of stored toxins that can threaten your heart health and general well-being, try downing the following drink once or twice a week:
- 4 to 6 ounces of one or two flavors of organic juices (dilute with an equal amount of water)
- Up to one teaspoon of vitamin C powder (start with ¼ teaspoon and slowly increase the amount over time). I like the fine ascorbic acid powder from the Mary Clinic in New Orleans, available by calling (504) 833-4338 or online at www.maryclinic.com
- A level teaspoon of glutamine powder. Glutamine, an amino acid, is a vital raw material for a healthy intestinal tract. It also helps the immune system and liver remove toxins. Glutamine powder is available at health food stores.
- A heaping teaspoon of psyllium powder. This fibrous plant material that helps clean out intestinal toxins that might otherwise be absorbed into the body and threaten heart health. Psyllium powder is available at health food stores.
- A heaping teaspoon of “greens.” Choose from a variety of powdered vegetable formulas rich in immune-boosting antioxidants and minerals. Greens mixtures are available at health food stores.
Pour the juice into a wide-mouthed glass jar. Add the powders. Shake up or blend. Add more or less juice and water according to taste. Drink up and clean out for a healthy heart!
More Dr. Sinatra Advice on Detoxification and Heart Health
How can you lower your toxic load to keep your heart healthy? Get tips on how to reduce your exposure to the environmental toxins that compromise a healthy heart.
How can you adjust your breathing to help detoxify the body and boost heart health? Find out how to perform a simple deep-breathing technique that both detoxifies the body and keeps your heart healthy.
Want other natural solutions for detoxifying the body and achieving optimal heart health? Learn additional ways to rid your body of the environmental toxins that threaten heart health.
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health
Refuel your cellular engines for efficient heart function
Strength, energy, endurance--get the targeted nutrient support a man needs most
Stay youthful, healthy, vibrant and balanced with nutrient support designed to meet a woman's needs