A Heart-Healthy Vegetable Recipe
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 6 medium mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 small onions, peeled and sliced thick
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small yellow squash, cubed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or oregano
- Black pepper to taste
Mix all vegetables with olive oil and minced garlic. Place on a shallow baking sheet and top with herbs. Roast at 425° F for 30 minutes.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 160, Fat 8g, Sodium 20mg, Carbs 22 g, Fiber 5g, Protein 5g