A Heart-Healthy Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Jerusalem artichoke pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh asparagus spears, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley
Steam the broccoli and asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes in a vegetable steamer. In a large skillet, gently sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil, then add the zucchini, carrot, and tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes. (You may add 3 to 4 Tbsp. water while sautéing, if necessary.) Add the broccoli and asparagus and sauté for 1 minute more. Drain pasta and mix with the sautéed vegetables. Gently toss with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Makes 3-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 520, Fat 7 g, Sodium 370 mg, Carbs 102 g, Fiber 19 g, Protein 23 g