A Heart-Healthy Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Jerusalem artichoke or whole-wheat pasta
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/2 head of garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1 dozen fresh clams, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh tuna, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. white wine or 6 Tbsp. vegetable broth or 1/4 cup bottled clam juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta as directions indicate.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan at very low heat with the onions and garlic. Saute for a few minutes. Add the parsley and basil, reserving some of the basil for garnish, the oregano and anchovy paste. Then add the clams and fresh tuna. Add the wine, vegetable broth, or bottled clam juice. Cook for a few minutes more, and then place on the pasta. Season with pepper and cheese. Top with the remaining basil.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 500, Fat 4 g, Sodium 600 mg, Carbs 92 g, Fiber 11g, Protein 31 g