A Heart-Healthy Vegetable Recipe
- ½ pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 small jars marinated artichoke hearts
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for flavor
- Chopped fresh parsley, for flavor
- Freshly ground black pepper
Lightly cook the shiitakes and garlic in the olive oil and water. Cover the pan briefly while they cook. When they're heated through, add artichoke hearts with their marinade. Saute a few minutes longer until artichoke hearts are heated through. Transfer the mushrooms and artichoke hearts to a large bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and parsley to taste and serve with pepper.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 160, Fat 13 g, Sodium 280 mg, Carbs 13 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 2 g