Many doctors are still in the dark about the benefits of CoQ10. Here are five important CoQ10 facts everyone should know.
If coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) were a drug, pharmaceutical companies would be fighting over the patent. It’s literally a “wonder pill” for treating and preventing heart disease. In fact, I’ve seen people who were literally on death’s doorstep rebound, and look and feel 10 years younger, just from this single natural supplement for heart health.
But unfortunately, many cardiologists are still in the dark about CoQ10 facts and why it's one of the most powerful natural supplements for heart health. I have a colleague who takes a statin drug ask his doctor whether he needs to take CoQ10. His answer, “You don’t need it.”
Here Are a Few CoQ10 Facts Your Doctor Should Be Telling Patients:
- Many cases of heart failure are actually a lack of CoQ10. CoQ10 sparks energy in every cell of your body, including your heart which is your body’s largest energy user. Without enough CoQ10, your heart can’t pump blood as efficiently as it should.
- The lack of energy we call “aging” is often just a CoQ10 deficit. Your body naturally produces CoQ10 throughout your life, but production drops off as you get older. When I put people on CoQ10, they often feel 10 years younger!
- CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant. It cleans up the destructive free radicals that are by-products of the energy production process.
- If you’re on a statin medication, you MUST take CoQ10. Not only do statins stop cholesterol production, they also hinder your body’s production of CoQ10. That’s why many people end up with muscle aches and weakness while taking statins. Statins can also cause memory loss and a host of other problems. If you’re on a statin, you need to take at least 200 mg of a highly-absorbable CoQ10.
- Not every CoQ10 supplement works. The form of CoQ10 you take affects how well it’s absorbed. Research confirms that hydrosoluble CoQ10 (such as Hydro Q-Sorb, which is what I take) is the most bioavailable, enabling the nutrient to reach much higher levels in the blood.
How much CoQ10 do you need? Take at least 100 mg of a highly-absorbable CoQ10 daily, and at least 200 mg if you have any form of heart disease or are taking statin medications. For best results, take CoQ10 in divided doses with your meals. It’s more readily absorbed with food (especially some fat).
Read More About CoQ10
Coenzyme Q10: Benefits of CoQ10 & the Right CoQ10 Dosage
Learn why coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is one of Dr. Sinatra's top recommended heart vitamins, including the benefits of CoQ10, and the right CoQ10 dosage. Read more
Why the Benefits of CoQ10 Can Literally Save Your Life
Learn how Dr. Stephen Sinatra discovered the heart-healing benefits of CoQ10 and why this powerful nutrient is one of the best natural treatments for heart health. Read more
An Amazing Story About the Benefits of CoQ10
Dr. Sinatra shares a story about how the benefits of CoQ10 makes it one of the most powerful heart vitamins to dramatically improve cardiac health. Read more
Metabolic Cardiology—a Powerful Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
Discover why metabolic cardiology is a powerful treatment for congestive heart failure and the top nutrients Dr. Sinatra recommends for restoring the heart. Read more