A Heart-Healthy Entrée Recipe
- 1 8-oz. boneless breast of chicken, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. peanut or organic extra virgin olive oil
- 12 sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, or 1 tbsp. dried garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dried onion
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 oz. white wine (optional)
- ½ cup short-grain brown rice, cooked according to product directions
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Slice boneless breast of chicken into two inch by one-half inch strips. Heat two tablespoons of peanut or olive oil in wok or fry pan. Add chicken, mushrooms, dried basil, garlic, onion, zucchini, and peapods. Spoon-sautée until chicken is done. Add one ounce of white wine (optional). Simmer gently until zucchini and peapods are tender. Serve over short-grain brown rice. Garnish with parsley.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 380, Fat 18.5 g, Sodium 50 mg, Carbs 22 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 31 g