Books on Reversing and Preventing Heart Disease

Filed Under: Heart Health

Books on Reversing and Preventing Heart Disease

Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. It’s a reminder to all of us to stop and give appreciation to the loved ones in our lives. Plus, that connectedness—whether to a spouse, good friends or even our neighbors—benefits our hearts as well, aiding in the prevention of heart disease. 

Cards, dark chocolate and flowers are all excellent ways to show your love and appreciation on Valentine’s Day. Plus, this year I encourage you to add another token of your love—giving a book with a heartfelt message to help a loved one in reversing or preventing heart disease.

Over the past year, I’ve been fortunate to meet two inspiring authors—both of whom have published books with extremely powerful messages. One addresses the spiritual side of good health and healing, and the other is an excellent practical guide to how to prevent, and reverse, heart disease. I wanted to share them with you so you can consider giving them to someone you love—or make them a heartfelt gift to yourself.

'Heal Thyself: Transform Your Life, Transform Your Health,' by Pieter De Wet

In this powerful, insightful book Dr. De Wet looks at the many facets of our lives that contribute to illness—from internal conflicts to environmental toxins. He empowers us to take charge of our own health—looking at illness not as an obstacle, but a “blessing” placed in our path for a reason. De Wet gives many creative ways to overcome those obstacles to healing, as well as practical ways to avoid toxins in our environment. For example, he shares my views on the dangers of sunscreen  and even advocates Earthing, which is something I’ve long recommended. No matter where you are on the path to better health, this book offers valuable information and insights.

'The 30 Day Heart Tune-Up: The Breakthrough Medical Plan to Reverse and Prevent Heart Disease,' by Steven Masley

After Masley wrote this book, he asked me to write an endorsement. When I reviewed his draft, I realized I agreed with 95 percent of his advice—but the other 5 percent was an obstacle for me. Once I reviewed them with Masley, he agreed with my considerations and I was whole-heartedly able to endorse his message. As a cardiologist, I can resonate with the “heart tune-up” concept, and his solutions are in-line with mine. For example, he vilifies sugar and trans-fats and acknowledges that cholesterol isn’t the main indicator of future heart issues.

He also does a good job of giving practical solutions, such as how to prevent arterial plaque. Heart disease has many moving parts, and Masley does a good job of simplifying some of the interventions that work. His book is such an easy read. I just loved his content about heart disease prevention and messages from his heart to yours.

Both of these books bring a lot to the table when it comes to reversing and preventing heart disease. I’m always reading books for others and count myself very lucky that I get to comment on other people’s work, and help to shape them in the direction of good cardiac medicine. If you’re looking for some good information on healing and heart health, I highly recommend both of these books on heart disease prevention.

Now it’s your turn: What are you planning for Valentine’s Day?

You May Also Be Interested in

DISCLAIMER: The content of is offered on an informational basis only, and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the guidance of a qualified health provider before making any adjustment to a medication or treatment you are currently using, and/or starting any new medication or treatment. All recommendations are "generally informational" and not specifically applicable to any individual's medical problems, concerns and/or needs.

Enjoy What You've Just Read?

Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides from Dr. Sinatra!