A Heart-Healthy Sides & Sauces Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, (seeds and membranes removed), minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (packed) cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
Place avocado and lime juice in large bowl and toss gently to coat. (This will help to keep the avocado from browning.) Add tomato, yellow pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, and black pepper. Toss gently to combine. Add salt to taste.
Developed by Monica Reinagel, MS, LD/N, CNS
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 99, Fat: 7 g, Carbs 8 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 2 g