A Heart-Healthy Sides & Sauces Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, (seeds and membranes removed), minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (packed) cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
Place avocado and lime juice in large bowl and toss gently to coat. (This will help to keep the avocado from browning.) Add tomato, yellow pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, and black pepper. Toss gently to combine. Add salt to taste.
Excerpted from The Inflammation Free Diet Plan: The Scientific Way to Lose Weight, Banish Pain, Prevent Disease and Slow Aging. © 2006 Monica Reinagel & Lynn Sonberg Book Associates
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 118, Fat: 7 g, Carbs 12 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 3 g