With summer just around the corner, the advertisements for weight loss programs are ramping up. But despite what some diet programs promise there is no easy answer or “magic” bullet to quickly propel you from chubby to chic without any hard work on your part—despite what some of the diet programs promise.
But it can be done, over a period of time if you develop the right healthy habits:
- Eat plenty of foods that are rich in fiber, especially plant-based fiber found in fruits, vegetables, oat bran, lentils, chickpeas, and more.
- Increase your intake of healthy-fat foods, including coconut oil, palm oil, and the essential fatty acids found in foods like salmon and sardines.
- Drink lots of clean, filtered water—strive for at least eight glasses a day.
- Consume large amounts of green foods, including green “superfoods” supplements.
- Exercise regularly with activities you really enjoy, like walking, dancing, or swimming.
- Get adequate rest and sleep every day.
- Maintain a wholesome balance between work, play, and family time.
- Strive to reach, and maintain, emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Supplement your diet with a good, daily, natural multi-nutrient preparation.
Now it’s your turn: Which of these healthy habits do you practice?