Now that summer's in full swing, the advertisements for weight loss programs are ramping up. But despite what some diet programs promise there is no easy answer or “magic” bullet to quickly propel you from chubby to chic without any hard work on your part—despite what some of the diet programs promise.
But You Can Lose Weight By Developing the Right Healthy Habits
1. Boost your metabolism with green tea. The catechins in green tea help to inhibit the enzyme that breaks down norepinephrine, so it stays in your system longer—keeping your metabolism up so you burn more calories.
2. Restrict carbohydrates to 10-20% of your daily caloric intake, and nix wheat, white flour, and sugar to lose the weight. This includes removing alcohol from your diet since wine, beer, or any alcohol is converted to sugar in the body.
3. Eat plenty of foods that are rich in fiber, especially plant-based fiber found in fruits, vegetables, oat bran, lentils, chickpeas, and more.
4. Increase your intake of healthy-fat foods, including coconut oil, olive oil, and the essential fatty acids found in foods like wild caught salmon and sardines.
5. Drink lots of clean, filtered water—strive for at least eight glasses a day.
6. Consume large amounts of green foods, including green “superfoods” supplements.
7. Exercise regularly with activities you really enjoy, like walking, dancing, or swimming.
8. Get adequate rest and sleep every day. Plus, maintain a wholesome balance between work, play, and family time.
9. Supplement your diet with a good, daily, natural multi-nutrient preparation.
Now it’s your turn: Which of these healthy habits do you practice?