5 Heart-Healthy Snacks You Can Enjoy--Guilt-Free!
The snack industry in America is a multi-billion dollar business. You can’t walk into a movie theatre, shopping mall, or ballgame without seeing dozens upon dozens of snacks that are loaded with too much fat, calories, and sodium. We’re literally snacking our way to obesity, poor heart health, and diabetes.
But here are five delicious and heart-healthy snacks you can enjoy:
1. Trail Mix: Choose any combination of almonds, dry-roasted soybeans, dates, dried cranberries, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins, sunflower seeds, and walnuts. Just make sure to choose organic nuts and seeds if they’re available.
2. Vegetable Skewers: Skewer together sliced peppers, cucumbers, tomato chunks, any of your other favorite vegetables. Then, drizzle with olive oil and Italian seasonings and enjoy. Or, for a slightly different variation dip sliced vegetables in hummus.
3. Yogurt Sundae: Mix sliced strawberries and blueberries into plain yogurt. Top with a sprinkling of sunflower seeds or ground flax.
4. Peanut Butter Crackers: Top whole grain crackers with organic peanut butter. If you’re craving a sweet taste, top the peanut butter with strawberry or banana slices.
5. Apple Dippers: Slice an apple into quarters, and top each slice with organic peanut or almond butter. The nutty butter mixed with the sweetness of the apple satisfies your hunger and your taste buds.
Now it’s your turn: What’s your favorite heart-healthy snack?
You May Also Be Interested In:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Sinatra!
Meet Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a highly respected and sought-after cardiologist and nutritionist with more than 30 years of clinical practice, research, and study. His integrative approach to heart health focuses on reducing inflammation in the body and maximizing the heart's ability to produce and use energy. More About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra's Favorites
Doctor-recommended support for healthy cholesterol ratios, blood pressure & overall heart health
Refuel your cellular engines for efficient heart function
Strength, energy, endurance--get the targeted nutrient support a man needs most
Stay youthful, healthy, vibrant and balanced with nutrient support designed to meet a woman's needs